Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Welcome back everyone!

Its been a long time! Firstly, what do you think of the new blog? Anyway, in the past few weeks I have been really busy finishing off assignments and beginning new ones.

I finished off and handed in the Crimewatch assignment and am expecting the results any time soon. I also just handed in the next assignment which was to design an employee handbook for 'my company' complete with mission statement and company structure. Along with that we had to make a business proposal to 'the bank' and create a financial report and projection for the next 3-5 years. I am fairly confided that went well and will get a good grade on it.
But, now comes the real assignment. In this here post I mentioned that we were going to stop-animate a scene from this book. Well, since I was last here, we wrote the script, made all the characters, built the movie sets, filmed and animated it, edited all the footage and now we are in middle of adding sound and music! We filmed everything in iStop Motion and the editing is taking place in iMovie '09 (why does everything have an 'i' infront of it? like, I just updated my iPhone to iOS 4??? Whats up with that?)
Anyway, here are a few screenshots and some pictures of the filming. in the images, the 'double' you are seeing is called onion skinning. this is a feature in iStop Motion which keeps the picture you just took so you can see if the new picture matches up nicely. During the filming I was chief animator (sounds good on the résumé: Chief Animator and Chief Editor).
Anyway, most of the filming was boring and tedious but fun. Although there were a few of us working on the filming simultaneous, the editing as more a one-man-job, but I didn't mind that. In the mean time, enjoy the pictures. I'll be back when I have some more earth-shattering news... or not!

No comments: